Kvernes church is located in the village of Kvernes in the Averoy borough in More. It was probably built in the first half of XIV century. In 1894 it was on sale and it was bought by a bunch of private people who gave it as a gift to the Society for the Preservation of Ancient Norwegian Monuments. The church is a one-nave object, ?More? type, which characterizes in the vertical posts placed in the outer wall and in the horizontal beams. When the church was rebuilt in 1633, the door was transferred from the Western part of the wall to the Southern side. In 1776, the church was again rebuilt and in 1810 a tower was added. Nowadays, it serves as a museum object.