This stave church located between Oslo and Haugesund is the biggest ? three-nave ?church among all the stavkirke. It was built at the beginning of XIII century. Just after the reformation the church was in a very poor state. A serious renovation in 1849 ? 1851 was conducted in a wrong way which resulted in the next reconstruction in 1950. Effects of the one we can admire today ?the inside, beautifully decorated with paintings, comes from the time after the Lutheran Reformation, around 1536 ? 1537.