Nowa Cerkiew

Shrine number 1678

18.65450E, 53.86704N

See similar:


This shrine is most probably a relic from the Cistercian times. Since it was built it has been repaired and renovated many times. Last time in the year 2000. The object is made of bricks and decorative cinder panels. The upper part of the shrine is roughcast and there is an open niche with a figure of St. Frances inside. Below it, in the second niche, there is a figure of the Sacred Heart of Christ. On the Days of the Cross a procession coming from the church stops at the shrine. There is still a tradition of taking the deceased to the shrine.